Kristin is passionate about mentoring and coaching other professionals in evidence-based and effective interventions for individuals with Autism Spectrum Disorders and related disabilities.
She is a highly experienced clinical supervisor, who has supervised both Board Certified Behaviour Analysts and Speech Pathologists.
She is a regular invited presenter for Speech Pathology Australia’s Continuing Professional Development Program and her workshops have been very well-received. She is a Senior Lecturer in Applied Behaviour Analysis in the School of Allied Health at Griffith University.
Though she enjoys speaking to large groups, Kristin loves nothing better than in-depth clinical discussions with smaller groups of colleagues to ensure that clients are getting the best possible access to supports. Kristin takes a holistic approach to therapy and believes that the domains of behaviour and communication are intrinsically linked, and should be addressed as such.
Kristin offers clinical supervision, mentoring and training to speech pathologists and other allied health professionals. These can be offered in either individual or group contexts. She can cover a range of topics, including:
- Managing behaviours of concern in your sessions
- Functional behaviour assessment
- Positive Behaviour Support (PBS)
- Working effectively with individuals with ASD
- Building rapport and developing positive therapeutic relationships with clients
- Using effective positive reinforcement strategies in therapy sessions
- Developing early communication skills
- Functional communication training
- Evidence based practice for individuals with Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Incorporating Applied Behaviour Analysis into your therapy
- A Speech Pathologists guide to ABA therapy
Group training can be tailored to the needs of your staff members/therapy team.
Kristin also offers independent fieldwork supervision for those who are pursuing a Board Certified Behaviour Analyst certification.
If you think you or your team may benefit from supervision, mentoring and/or training, please get in touch with her at email@example.com. You may wish to schedule a free 30-minute consultation to discuss your needs and help you to get a feel for her supervision and coaching style. Supervision and training is an important investment to your professional development, and you want be sure you and your team are getting the most you can out of it.